"That night, back home on the train I began to think, like many other times when starting a difficult or unusual, about the reality and the human mind. My new patient, Russell, Jesus Christ at our center, and thousands of people like him live in his own world for them is as real as ours to us. It is not difficult to understand, although it may seem. It is very likely that at some point the readers of this story has come to be absorbed in a movie or a novel, deeply engrossed in the experience. Dreams often seem very real, the events that are remembered under hypnosis. "ien: "Lately I'm not the same" or "You're the man I married? And how do you explain that a fundamentalist preacher may have a secret sex life? Does everyone have a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde within us? "
(Excerpt from the book
K-PAX by Gene Brewer)
This is the first piece I kept the book K-PAX
, and I did it poses a situacions and some curious questions. Especially the last one: Does everyone have a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde within us? Of course, the text is about the reality of the human mind (oh, this reminds me of my philosophy classes). What is the basis of our personality and our behavior? Why are we as we are? Or what is memory? How much influence our memories and experiences in our way of life? I think I have a problem. I keep asking questions! No, actually are questions that arise when reading the text, it is not something that is going around all the time, but allStill, in my view, remains curious and intriguing. Anyway, I updated this, and I hope someone reads it (which I doubt xD) because it has gutado and if you desire reader to read this book it's great.
=)
0 comments:
Post a Comment